The Public Service Alliance of Canada unequivocally supports the principles of human rights as proclaimed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Human Rights Act.
PSAC pledges to work toward the achievement of equality for all its members and to eliminate discrimination and increase the participation of disadvantaged groups in the workforce.
PSAC Anti-Harassment Initiatives Fund ensures that locals, DCLs, area councils, regional committees, regional councils and components have access to resources to address and/or raise awareness to fight harassment in all its forms.
We strive to:
- Promote human rights issues through education.
- Support collective bargaining proposals to further our human rights goals.
- Pressure the employer at all levels to end discriminatory practices, implement special measures to eliminate barriers to employment, and redress past and present systemic discrimination which has an adverse impact on our membership.
- Continue to lobby for changes in legislation to achieve full bargaining rights in the public service and strengthen the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Employment Equity Act.
- Participate with other groups with similar goals to improve benefits and conditions for disadvantaged people in Canada.
December 21, 2020
PSAC stands in solidarity with the farmers and workers of IndiaPSAC stands in solidarity with the farmers and workers of India
December 10, 2020
International Human Rights Day: Addressing the impacts of COVID-19 on marginalized communitiesInternational Human Rights Day: Addressing the impacts of COVID-19 on marginalized communities
December 4, 2020
PSAC stands with Black public service workers in class action lawsuitPSAC stands with Black public service workers in class action lawsuit
December 4, 2020
PSAC condemns escalating violence and insecurity in HaitiPSAC condemns escalating violence and insecurity in Haiti
December 3, 2020
Pandemic is increasing inequality for people with disabilitiesPandemic is increasing inequality for people with disabilities
November 23, 2020
Social Justice and COVID-19: PSAC responds with new aidSocial Justice and COVID-19: PSAC responds with new aid