The Public Service Alliance of Canada unequivocally supports the principles of human rights as proclaimed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Human Rights Act.
PSAC pledges to work toward the achievement of equality for all its members and to eliminate discrimination and increase the participation of disadvantaged groups in the workforce.
PSAC Anti-Harassment Initiatives Fund ensures that locals, DCLs, area councils, regional committees, regional councils and components have access to resources to address and/or raise awareness to fight harassment in all its forms.
We strive to:
- Promote human rights issues through education.
- Support collective bargaining proposals to further our human rights goals.
- Pressure the employer at all levels to end discriminatory practices, implement special measures to eliminate barriers to employment, and redress past and present systemic discrimination which has an adverse impact on our membership.
- Continue to lobby for changes in legislation to achieve full bargaining rights in the public service and strengthen the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Employment Equity Act.
- Participate with other groups with similar goals to improve benefits and conditions for disadvantaged people in Canada.
September 7, 2021
Making the grade: How our next government can boost post-secondary educationMaking the grade: How our next government can boost post-secondary education
September 2, 2021
Putting children, families and workers first by building a universal child care systemPutting children, families and workers first by building a universal child care system
August 31, 2021
National Day for Truth and Reconciliation: Eligibility for the new statutory holidayNational Day for Truth and Reconciliation: Eligibility for the new statutory holiday
August 31, 2021
Employment Equity Act: Member SurveyEmployment Equity Act: Member Survey
August 27, 2021
Building a better Canada starts with an anti-racist governmentBuilding a better Canada starts with an anti-racist government
August 26, 2021
Women must be at the forefront of Canada’s pandemic recoveryWomen must be at the forefront of Canada’s pandemic recovery