The Public Service Alliance of Canada unequivocally supports the principles of human rights as proclaimed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Human Rights Act.
PSAC pledges to work toward the achievement of equality for all its members and to eliminate discrimination and increase the participation of disadvantaged groups in the workforce.
PSAC Anti-Harassment Initiatives Fund ensures that locals, DCLs, area councils, regional committees, regional councils and components have access to resources to address and/or raise awareness to fight harassment in all its forms.
We strive to:
- Promote human rights issues through education.
- Support collective bargaining proposals to further our human rights goals.
- Pressure the employer at all levels to end discriminatory practices, implement special measures to eliminate barriers to employment, and redress past and present systemic discrimination which has an adverse impact on our membership.
- Continue to lobby for changes in legislation to achieve full bargaining rights in the public service and strengthen the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Employment Equity Act.
- Participate with other groups with similar goals to improve benefits and conditions for disadvantaged people in Canada.
February 24, 2021
PSAC joins international unions in fighting for vaccine accessPSAC joins international unions in fighting for vaccine access
February 18, 2021
Help Statistics Canada improve data on LGBTQ2+ communitiesHelp Statistics Canada improve data on LGBTQ2+ communities
February 15, 2021
Save The Date: Black History Month Panel DiscussionsSave The Date: Black History Month Panel Discussions
February 15, 2021
PSAC supports the peaceful resistance in GuatemalaPSAC supports the peaceful resistance in Guatemala
February 12, 2021
Black History Month 2021: Anti-Black racism – it’s everyone’s fight!Black History Month 2021: Anti-Black racism – it’s everyone’s fight!
February 5, 2021
Trudeau government issues new mandatesTrudeau government issues new mandates