The Public Service Alliance of Canada unequivocally supports the principles of human rights as proclaimed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Human Rights Act.
PSAC pledges to work toward the achievement of equality for all its members and to eliminate discrimination and increase the participation of disadvantaged groups in the workforce.
PSAC Anti-Harassment Initiatives Fund ensures that locals, DCLs, area councils, regional committees, regional councils and components have access to resources to address and/or raise awareness to fight harassment in all its forms.
We strive to:
- Promote human rights issues through education.
- Support collective bargaining proposals to further our human rights goals.
- Pressure the employer at all levels to end discriminatory practices, implement special measures to eliminate barriers to employment, and redress past and present systemic discrimination which has an adverse impact on our membership.
- Continue to lobby for changes in legislation to achieve full bargaining rights in the public service and strengthen the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Employment Equity Act.
- Participate with other groups with similar goals to improve benefits and conditions for disadvantaged people in Canada.
June 18, 2021
National Indigenous Peoples Day: a turning point for CanadaNational Indigenous Peoples Day: a turning point for Canada
June 16, 2021
Webinar: Intersectionality and allyship with Indigenous peoplesWebinar: Intersectionality and allyship with Indigenous peoples
June 16, 2021
PSAC celebrates PridePSAC celebrates Pride
June 9, 2021
PSAC condemns hate-motivated terror attack on London familyPSAC condemns hate-motivated terror attack on London family
May 28, 2021
PSAC mourns victims of Kamloops Indian Residential SchoolPSAC mourns victims of Kamloops Indian Residential School
May 27, 2021
Changes to federal public service staffing don’t go far enoughChanges to federal public service staffing don’t go far enough