The Public Service Alliance of Canada unequivocally supports the principles of human rights as proclaimed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Human Rights Act.
PSAC pledges to work toward the achievement of equality for all its members and to eliminate discrimination and increase the participation of disadvantaged groups in the workforce.
PSAC Anti-Harassment Initiatives Fund ensures that locals, DCLs, area councils, regional committees, regional councils and components have access to resources to address and/or raise awareness to fight harassment in all its forms.
We strive to:
- Promote human rights issues through education.
- Support collective bargaining proposals to further our human rights goals.
- Pressure the employer at all levels to end discriminatory practices, implement special measures to eliminate barriers to employment, and redress past and present systemic discrimination which has an adverse impact on our membership.
- Continue to lobby for changes in legislation to achieve full bargaining rights in the public service and strengthen the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Employment Equity Act.
- Participate with other groups with similar goals to improve benefits and conditions for disadvantaged people in Canada.
September 18, 2023
September 20th Protests Against 2SLGBTQIA+ Inclusive School PoliciesSeptember 20th Protests Against 2SLGBTQIA+ Inclusive School Policies
August 31, 2023
PSAC challenges caps on damages in Canadian Human Rights ActPSAC challenges caps on damages in Canadian Human Rights Act
August 25, 2023
Register today: National Day for Truth and Reconciliation panel discussion and beading sessionRegister today: National Day for Truth and Reconciliation panel discussion and beading session
July 28, 2023
Indigenous Women Are Not Disposable: Search the LandfillIndigenous Women Are Not Disposable: Search the Landfill
July 6, 2023
PSAC and Treasury Board release joint report on the use of Indigenous languages in the public servicePSAC and Treasury Board release joint report on the use of Indigenous languages in the public service
June 13, 2023
PSAC donates to Partners in Pride in support of 2SLGBTQIA+ rights in AfricaPSAC donates to Partners in Pride in support of 2SLGBTQIA+ rights in Africa