The Public Service Alliance of Canada unequivocally supports the principles of human rights as proclaimed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Human Rights Act.
PSAC pledges to work toward the achievement of equality for all its members and to eliminate discrimination and increase the participation of disadvantaged groups in the workforce.
PSAC Anti-Harassment Initiatives Fund ensures that locals, DCLs, area councils, regional committees, regional councils and components have access to resources to address and/or raise awareness to fight harassment in all its forms.
We strive to:
- Promote human rights issues through education.
- Support collective bargaining proposals to further our human rights goals.
- Pressure the employer at all levels to end discriminatory practices, implement special measures to eliminate barriers to employment, and redress past and present systemic discrimination which has an adverse impact on our membership.
- Continue to lobby for changes in legislation to achieve full bargaining rights in the public service and strengthen the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Employment Equity Act.
- Participate with other groups with similar goals to improve benefits and conditions for disadvantaged people in Canada.
November 18, 2022
Transgender Day of Remembrance a reminder that we can all be better alliesTransgender Day of Remembrance a reminder that we can all be better allies
November 10, 2022
Employment Equity Act review: Real change is long overdueEmployment Equity Act review: Real change is long overdue
October 5, 2022
PSAC pledges support to Hurricane Fiona and Pakistan flood relief effortsPSAC pledges support to Hurricane Fiona and Pakistan flood relief efforts
October 4, 2022
PSAC donates to Black Class ActionPSAC donates to Black Class Action
September 9, 2022
Federal 2SLGBTQIA+ Action Plan: Better late than never – but work just beginningFederal 2SLGBTQIA+ Action Plan: Better late than never – but work just beginning
August 24, 2022
PSAC adopts 2SLGBTQIA+ acronymPSAC adopts 2SLGBTQIA+ acronym