The Public Service Alliance of Canada unequivocally supports the principles of human rights as proclaimed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Human Rights Act.
PSAC pledges to work toward the achievement of equality for all its members and to eliminate discrimination and increase the participation of disadvantaged groups in the workforce.
PSAC Anti-Harassment Initiatives Fund ensures that locals, DCLs, area councils, regional committees, regional councils and components have access to resources to address and/or raise awareness to fight harassment in all its forms.
We strive to:
- Promote human rights issues through education.
- Support collective bargaining proposals to further our human rights goals.
- Pressure the employer at all levels to end discriminatory practices, implement special measures to eliminate barriers to employment, and redress past and present systemic discrimination which has an adverse impact on our membership.
- Continue to lobby for changes in legislation to achieve full bargaining rights in the public service and strengthen the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Employment Equity Act.
- Participate with other groups with similar goals to improve benefits and conditions for disadvantaged people in Canada.
PSAC has been working to protect and defend the rights of Indigenous Peoples for decades
Our union has been able to win important improvements in the lives of women
The labour movement has an important role in fighting the social and economic inequities that impact the lives of workers and people in Canada and around the world
Learn about your employer's obligation to identify and remove barriers in your workplace
February 28, 2023
Black History Month: Watch our panel celebrating Black labour leadership and creating better workplaces for allBlack History Month: Watch our panel celebrating Black labour leadership and creating better workplaces for all
February 22, 2023
PSAC donates $15,000 to support emergency relief in Turkey and SyriaPSAC donates $15,000 to support emergency relief in Turkey and Syria
February 1, 2023
Celebrating Black labour leadership, creating better workplaces for allCelebrating Black labour leadership, creating better workplaces for all
December 2, 2022
Fast-Track Canada Disability Benefit: International Day of Persons with DisabilitiesFast-Track Canada Disability Benefit: International Day of Persons with Disabilities
November 18, 2022
Transgender Day of Remembrance a reminder that we can all be better alliesTransgender Day of Remembrance a reminder that we can all be better allies
November 10, 2022
Employment Equity Act review: Real change is long overdueEmployment Equity Act review: Real change is long overdue