The Public Service Alliance of Canada unequivocally supports the principles of human rights as proclaimed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Human Rights Act.
PSAC pledges to work toward the achievement of equality for all its members and to eliminate discrimination and increase the participation of disadvantaged groups in the workforce.
PSAC Anti-Harassment Initiatives Fund ensures that locals, DCLs, area councils, regional committees, regional councils and components have access to resources to address and/or raise awareness to fight harassment in all its forms.
We strive to:
- Promote human rights issues through education.
- Support collective bargaining proposals to further our human rights goals.
- Pressure the employer at all levels to end discriminatory practices, implement special measures to eliminate barriers to employment, and redress past and present systemic discrimination which has an adverse impact on our membership.
- Continue to lobby for changes in legislation to achieve full bargaining rights in the public service and strengthen the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Employment Equity Act.
- Participate with other groups with similar goals to improve benefits and conditions for disadvantaged people in Canada.
February 13, 2024
Unions demand reinstatement of UNRWA funding to support humanitarian aid in GazaUnions demand reinstatement of UNRWA funding to support humanitarian aid in Gaza
February 1, 2024
Celebrating Black History Month 2024: Honouring Black labour leadersCelebrating Black History Month 2024: Honouring Black labour leaders
January 26, 2024
International Holocaust Remembrance Day: Honouring the victims and survivorsInternational Holocaust Remembrance Day: Honouring the victims and survivors
January 3, 2024
Employment Equity Act review: Recommendations highlight long-overdue changesEmployment Equity Act review: Recommendations highlight long-overdue changes
December 22, 2023
PSAC calls for change to address anti-Black racism at the Canadian Human Rights CommissionPSAC calls for change to address anti-Black racism at the Canadian Human Rights Commission
December 8, 2023
International Human Rights Day: Dignity and equality for allInternational Human Rights Day: Dignity and equality for all