The Public Service Alliance of Canada unequivocally supports the principles of human rights as proclaimed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Human Rights Act.
PSAC pledges to work toward the achievement of equality for all its members and to eliminate discrimination and increase the participation of disadvantaged groups in the workforce.
PSAC Anti-Harassment Initiatives Fund ensures that locals, DCLs, area councils, regional committees, regional councils and components have access to resources to address and/or raise awareness to fight harassment in all its forms.
We strive to:
- Promote human rights issues through education.
- Support collective bargaining proposals to further our human rights goals.
- Pressure the employer at all levels to end discriminatory practices, implement special measures to eliminate barriers to employment, and redress past and present systemic discrimination which has an adverse impact on our membership.
- Continue to lobby for changes in legislation to achieve full bargaining rights in the public service and strengthen the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Employment Equity Act.
- Participate with other groups with similar goals to improve benefits and conditions for disadvantaged people in Canada.
June 24, 2022
Reproductive rights are human rights: PSAC condemns overturning of Roe vs WadeReproductive rights are human rights: PSAC condemns overturning of Roe vs Wade
June 3, 2022
Still Thirsty for Justice: PSAC launches second campaign to ensure clean water for allStill Thirsty for Justice: PSAC launches second campaign to ensure clean water for all
June 1, 2022
PSAC-UNDE: Government must address toxic culture in Canada’s military after damning external reviewPSAC-UNDE: Government must address toxic culture in Canada’s military after damning external review
May 19, 2022
Important moments and leaders in Asian Canadian labour historyImportant moments and leaders in Asian Canadian labour history
April 29, 2022
PSAC pressing for an Employment Equity Act with teethPSAC pressing for an Employment Equity Act with teeth
April 29, 2022
Asian Heritage Month: Remembering the past, shaping the futureAsian Heritage Month: Remembering the past, shaping the future