Members employed by Treasury Board work in federal government departments and other parts of the federal public service (For a list of which ones see schedules I and IV of the Financial Administration Act).
Treasury board members belong to one of five bargaining units:
- Program and Administrative Services (PA)
- 70,500 employees in nine occupational groups.
- Operational Services (SV)
- 10,750 employees in eight occupational groups.
- Technical Services (TC)
- 9,700 employees in six occupational groups.
- Frontière/Border Services (FB)
- 8,500 employees at the Canada Border Services Agency.
- Education and Library Science (EB)
- 900 employees in three occupational groups.
Treasury Board job classifications and their bargaining units
Job classificationDescriptionBargaining unitASAdmin ServicesPACMCommunicationsPACRClerical and RegulatoryPADAData ProcessingPADDDrafting and IllustrationTCEDEducationEBEGEngineering and Scientific SupportTCEUEducational SupportEBFRFirefightersSVGLGeneral Labour and TradesSVGSGeneral ServicesSVGTGeneral TechnicalTCHPHeating, Power and Stationary Plant OperationSVHSHospital servicesSVISInformation ServicesPALILightkeepersSVLSLibrary ScienceEBOEOffice EquipmentPAPIPrimary Products InspectionTCPMProgramme AdminPAPR(S)Printing Operations (Supervisory)SVPYPhotographyTCSCShips' CrewsSVSTSecretarial, Stenographic and TypingPATITechnical InspectionTCWPWelfare ProgrammesPA