Members employed by Treasury Board work in federal government departments and other parts of the federal public service (For a list of which ones see schedules I and IV of the Financial Administration Act).
Treasury board members belong to one of five bargaining units:
- Program and Administrative Services (PA)
- 91,000 employees in nine occupational groups.
- Operational Services (SV)
- 10,000 employees in eight occupational groups.
- Technical Services (TC)
- 11,000 employees in six occupational groups.
- Frontière/Border Services (FB)
- 8,500 employees at the Canada Border Services Agency.
- Education and Library Science (EB)
- 1,100 employees in three occupational groups.
Treasury Board job classifications and their bargaining units
|Job classification||Description||Bargaining unit|
|CR||Clerical and Regulatory||PA|
|DD||Drafting and Illustration||TC|
|EG||Engineering and Scientific Support||TC|
|GL||General Labour and Trades||SV|
|HP||Heating, Power and Stationary Plant Operation||SV|
|PI||Primary Products Inspection||TC|
|PR(S)||Printing Operations (Supervisory)||SV|
|ST||Secretarial, Stenographic and Typing||PA|