PSAC members in the NAV CANADA bargaining unit voted in favour of the tentative agreement struck with the employer thanks to the hard work from our bargaining team and members across the country.
The NAV CANADA group represents workers in administration, data processing, education, engineering and scientific support, trades, and general services. We thank the many members who came out to vote and had their voices heard.
Your NAV CANADA bargaining team accepted no concessions in this agreement.
Key highlights of the new agreement
The new contract is a three-year agreement effective December 31, 2020, to December 31, 2023, with a total wage increase of over 9%. Some of the new provisions in this contract include:
- a new on-the-job instruction premium of $8.25/hour;
- provisions for double time for all overtime after working 50 hours at time and a half;
- new language in our collective agreement ensuring telework requests cannot be unreasonably denied;
- improvements to bereavement and lieu days;
- improvement in parental leave to reflect new legislation.
In the coming weeks, PSAC will meet with the employer to sign the new collective agreement. We will be pushing for retroactive pay to be processed as quickly as possible. Other new contract terms are now in effect, as of the date of ratification.
We thank all members for their support throughout this process.