PSAC’s Statistical Survey Operations bargaining team will be holding online bargaining information sessions across the country to bring members up to speed on the issues at the table.
Negotiations between PSAC (Regional Offices and Field Units at SSO) and the employer kicked off in early December, with bargaining continuing January 27-28. New dates have also been set for the first week of March.
Negotiations were delayed in part due to the pandemic and the lengthy hiring process of a new employer negotiator.
During the information sessions, SSO members will have the opportunity to discuss the bargaining proposals put forward by both PSAC and the employer.
PSAC’s core bargaining demands include:
- Better job security, hours of work and schedules;
- Improved maternity and parental leave benefits;
- Greater protections against harassment and abuse of authority;
- 10 paid days of domestic violence leave;
- Improved shift premiums for evenings and weekend;
- Leave improvements for sick leave, family leave, vacation leave and compassionate care and caregiving leave.
Discussions continue on these and other proposals as the negotiation process gets underway.
Online information sessions
PSAC national negotiator Hassan Husseini is working with bargaining team members across Canada to organize the online bargaining information sessions over the next few weeks. Please stay tuned for announcements from your local about upcoming meetings in your region.
We encourage you to make every effort to attend and stay informed about the issues at stake.