• This position is eligible for a Yearly Isolated Post Allowance (IPA) for up to $26,085 for an incumbent with dependents and $18,813 for an incumbent without dependents. The allowance covers the following admissible categories: Environmental Allowance, Living Cost Differential, Fuel & Utilities Differential and Shelter Cost Differential.
• This position is also eligible for a relocation allowance.
• The Yellowknife Negotiators is under CULE, but they fall under the UNIFOR 2025 Collective Agreement.
Under the direction of the Coordinator, Negotiations Section, the Regional Negotiator acts as chief spokesperson and chair of PSAC negotiating teams for bargaining units in the federal public and private sectors, and in provincial and territorial jurisdictions and represents the PSAC in third party dispute resolution processes such as conciliation, arbitration and mediation, in the context of federal and provincial labour legislation and the PSAC Constitution, regulations and policies.
The Regional Negotiator also provides advice and guidance to PSAC collective bargaining committees, elected officers and members on issues related to collective bargaining, including strike strategy and collective agreement interpretation.
Education and Experience:
• University graduation in a field related to labour relations or extensive experience in the field of labour relations;
• Extensive experience in the field of negotiations in the public and/or private sector;
• Comprehensive knowledge of the process and practice of collective bargaining, including negotiating techniques, contract language development, and group dynamics;
• Comprehensive knowledge of advocacy techniques;
• Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of staff relations and pertinent legislation and regulations;
• Knowledge of the organization and structure of the federal public service, agencies and crown corporations;
• Knowledge of PSAC Constitution, Regulations, policies and objectives;
• Understanding of trade union and equity principles;
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English.
• Commitment to trade union and equity principles.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.