PSAC congratulates the winners of this year’s scholarship awards!
The winners were selected from hundreds of applications PSAC received from members and their families. PSAC scholarships are awarded based on the merit of a 750- to 850-word essay, YouTube video, infographic, song or other creative submission based on current events in the labour movement.
PSAC wishes to thank all who applied. The 2022 program will reopen in April with new guidelines and application forms.
Here are the winners:
- Hudson Wentzell - $4,000 AGR-PSAC
Hudson lives in Paradise, Newfoundland and Labrador and is the son of Corinne Randell-Wentzell of the Union of Health and Environment Workers, Local 90002.
- Marguerite Veilleux - $4,000 Coughlin-PSAC
Marguerite is from Quebec City, Quebec and her father, Simon Veilleux, is a member of Customs and Immigration Union, Local 10010.
- Alyssa Harty - $3,000 AGR-PSAC
Alyssa is from Langley, British Columbia and her mother, Diana Harty, is a member of Customs and Immigration Union, Local 20040.
- Nicolas Deporcq-Pomerleau - $3,000 AGR-PSAC
Nicolas is from Vancouver, British Columbia and his father, Alexandre Deporcq, is a member of the Agriculture Union, Local 20044.
- Elizabeth Hales - $3,000 Coughlin-PSAC
Elizabeth is from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and she is the daughter of Dyan Nell Hales of the Union of Safety and Justice Employees, Local 40140.
- Lily Mai Carbonneau - $3,000 Coughlin-PSAC
Lily Mai lives in Saint-Liboire, Quebec and her mother, Chantal Levasseur, is a member of Canada Employment and Immigration Union, Local 10449.
- Nicholis McCallum - $2,000 J.R. (Joe) Power
Nicholis lives in Toronto, Ontario and he is the son of Jason McCallum of the Union of Taxation Employees, Local 00048.
- Nicole Johnston- $2,000 PSAC Members’award
Nicole lives in Ottawa, Ontario. She is a member of the Union of National Employees, Local 70044.
- Ann Marie Beals- $2,000 PSAC Members’ award
Ann Marie is from Waterloo, Ontario and a member of the Directly Chartered Local 00902.
- Amira Issa- $2,000 PSAC Members’ award
Amira is from Montreal, Quebec. She is a member of the Directly Chartered Local 10721.
- Ian Patterson- $1,000 PSAC Members’ award
Ian is from Surrey, British Columbia. He is a member of Customs Immigration Union, Local 20040.
- James Potts- $1,000 PSAC Members’ award
James is from Kingston, Ontario. He is a member of the Union of National Defence Employees, Local 00641.
- Danika Beaudin – $1,000 Atlantic
Danika is from Shediac, New Brunswick and is the daughter of Shanny Doucet, member of the Government Services Union, Local 60018.
- Emily Daniaux - $1,000 Quebec
Emily is from Montreal, Quebec and her mother, Cindy Oakley, is a member of the Agriculture Union, Local 10325.
- Robyn Fox - $1,000 National Capital Region
Robyn is from Ottawa, Ontario. She is the daughter of Eric Fox, member of the Customs and Immigration Union, Local 70066.
- Lucas McDonald - $1,000 Ontario
Lucas is from Hamilton, Ontario. He is the son of Joanne McDonald, member of the Union of National Employees, Local 00221.
- Noah Lawrence - $1,000 Prairies
Noah lives in Calgary, Alberta and his father, Ron Lawrence, is a member of the Union of Taxation Employees, Local 30022.
- Emma Hamilton - $1,000 British Columbia
Emma is from Chilliwack, British Columbia. Her mother, Jennine Hamilton, is a member of the Union of Safety and Justice Employees, Local 20040.
- Emma MacDonald - $1,000 North
Emma lives in Whitehorse, Yukon territory. Her mother, Sari Paalanen, is a member of the Yukon Employees Union, Local Y017.