Phoenix general damages for retired and former PSAC members

Now that current PSAC members will be receiving Phoenix general damages on March 3, retired and former PSAC members may be wondering when they will receive their portion.

Retired or former employees who meet the eligibility criteria will receive financial compensation for each fiscal year in which they are eligible. However, you will not receive compensation automatically. To receive Phoenix general damages, retired or former employees will have to file a separate claim form through Treasury Board. This will include the estates of deceased employees.

Despite numerous requests by PSAC, Treasury Board has yet to set up this claims process. We are continuing to press them for information on the implementation plan and will post the information on our website and social media accounts once the form is available.

Late last year, some members were misdirected to fill out a form titledClaim for general compensation for former employees: Payment equivalent to additional leave, however this is not the correct form for PSAC members. This form is to request the financial equivalent of up to 5 days of leave, which was the settlement signed by other federal bargaining agents, not PSAC.

To find out if you are eligible for Phoenix damages as a retired or former PSAC member, check out our FAQs under “Who is eligible for Phoenix compensation?”



March 2, 2021