As part of the Regional Office Team, the Administrative Assistant provides comprehensive administrative services that enable the Regional Office to fulfill its role in a timely and credible manner. Under the direction of the Regional Coordinator maintains the administrative aspects of the Regional Office, while carrying out the wide variety of administrative, secretarial and clerical responsibilities to ensure efficient operation of the Regional Office.
• Successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent experience normally provided through several years of providing administrative services relevant to the duties of the position.
• Knowledge and ability to use spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and database software (ideally Access).
• Good knowledge of the Public Service Alliance of Canada.
• Knowledge of the trade union objectives and activities.
• Proficiency in the use of a personal computer including ability to use Windows, e mail, FrontPage, and Internet.
• Proficiency in spelling, vocabulary and in the application and usage of English and French grammar (according to the position’s requirements).
• Ability to effectively transcribe type and perform word processing functions using Microsoft Word.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English is essential.
• Ability to work independently and determine priorities under strict deadlines.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
• Ability to solve problems.
• High degree of initiative.
• Good judgment.
• Commitment to union and equity principles.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.