Under the direction of the Co-Director (PSAC) of the PSAC-TBS Joint Learning Program (JLP), and as member of the JLP team, the Senior Financial Officer is responsible for collecting, analyzing and administrating financial information in order to provide adequate financial reports, appropriate budget allocations, accurate financial statements and relevant advices and recommendations regarding issues impacting JLP’s finances in a way that sustains JLP’s mandate. The position maintains and further develops JLP’s financial record keeping and reporting systems and assists with the development and maintenance of JLP’s administrative systems.
- The position requires the completion of the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Program or a business degree in accounting, finance or administration with at least two years of experience in relevant financial or accounting function at an intermediate level /OR a college diploma, or working towards the completion of the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Program with a minimum of five years of experience in a variety of relevant financial accounting functions at an intermediate level.
- Knowledge of collective agreements and the Union principles as they apply to staff and members.
- Demonstrated competence with computer technology in a Windows environment (e.g. data base, spreadsheet, word processing, email and Internet).
- Advanced knowledge of a Financial Software, knowledge of Acomba would be an asset.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and skills in the use of general office equipment.
- Ability to interpret and apply various directives and collective agreements.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in accounting at an intermediate level including accounting principles, practices, and techniques.
- Second language skills as per the Common European Fram work of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above.
- Ability to manage changing priorities, peak of workloads and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and to be trustworthy regarding the accuracy of financial data.
- Good interpersonal skills, discretion, tact and ability to deal with various stakeholders in a diplomatic manner.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.