$97,764 - $110,036 (2018 rates)
Term up to one year
Mon, 09 Aug 2021 15:30 EDT
Members giving PSAC membership number
Regional Offices Branch
Purpose of position:
Note: The selected candidate will not be entitled to a car allowance.
Under the general supervision of the Regional Coordinator and as part of a regional team that includes other
regional office staff, the Regional Council, and regional union bodies such as Area Councils, the Regional
Representative builds the union and fosters membership solidarity by delivering union programs and services in
Education and experience:
• Significant experience in the labour and/or social justice movement.
• Knowledge of union and social issues;
• Knowledge of the political and operational structure of the PSAC;
• Familiarity with basic computer technology.
• Ability to analyze, apply, explain, and interpret collective agreements, employment legislation, and
employer policies and directives;
• Ability to inspire, motivate, and organize groups to achieve collective goals and objectives;
• Ability to develop material, design and facilitate union education courses according to the principles and
practices of popular education;
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in French;
• Ability to create and bring strategic plans to fruition;
• Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills,
• Teamwork and leadership required under circumstances that are often stressful and politically sensitive.
• High degree of self-
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.