- The selected candidate will not be entitled to a car allowance.
- Position Global Linguistic Level: Second language CEFR level: B2
Purpose of Position
Under the general supervision of the Regional Coordinator and as part of a regional team that includes other regional office staff, the Regional Council, and regional union bodies such as Area Councils, the Regional Representative builds the union and fosters membership solidarity by delivering union programs and services in the region.
Education and experience:
- Significant experience in the labour and/or social justice movement
- Knowledge of union and social issues
- Knowledge of the political and operational structure of the PSAC
- Familiarity with basic computer technology
- Second language level B2 under the CEFR
- Ability to demonstrate their commitment to union principles and social justice
- Ability to analyze, apply, explain, and interpret collective agreements, employment legislation, and employer policies and directives
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and organize groups to achieve collective goals and objectives
- Ability to design and facilitate union education courses according to the principles and practices of popular education
- Ability to develop union education materials
- • Ability to create and bring strategic plans to fruition
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Teamwork and leadership are required under circumstances that are often stressful and politically sensitive
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative is expected
- Good judgment
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.