Under the general supervision of the Regional Coordinator, and as part of regional and national teams that include other regional office and headquarters staff, the Organizer builds the Union by initiating, coordinating and implementing organizing campaigns for the purpose of recruiting new members into the PSAC.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience successfully organizing new bargaining units;
- Extensive knowledge and experience or computer-based technology, including office software, internet and e-mail environments;
- Excellent knowledge of worker rights and labour legislation.
- Well developed interpersonal skills, tact, sound judgment;
- Innovative, flexible and open-minded;
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of union and equity principles;
- Highly motivated;
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.