- Position linguistic designation: Bilingual (English and French)
- Position global linguistic level: Second language CEFR level: B2
Purpose of position
Under the direction of the Supervisor – Payroll and Benefits, the position is responsible for providing complex compensation services including payroll and financial accountability for unionized and non-unionized PSAC staff and its Components, PSAC Holdings Ltd. and Leave Without Pay (LWOP) members.
- Education, training and/or equivalent of five years’ experience processing payroll for a mid-size organization of unionized employees;
- Education, training experience and/or equivalent experience in staffing, leave, pension and benefit administration and bookkeeping functions;
- Demonstrated experience in data bases, word processing, spread sheet, software programs and approaches to recording and reporting information with accuracy.
- General knowledge of the PSAC and its role in the labour community.
- Bilingual as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above;
- Demonstrated ability working with computerized HR integrated systems, payroll, human resources, leave, pension and benefit systems and implementing efficient processes;
- Ability to understand and apply policies, legislation, regulations, and collective agreements;
- Excellent consultative, analytical and planning skills;
- Ability to resolve problems independently and initiative to set and complete work priorities within scheduled deadlines;
- Strong organizational skills to work efficiently with high volumes of detail and competing priorities;
- Ability and willingness to contribute effectively in a team environment.
- Good judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential information in a diplomatic, professional and tactful manner;
- Understanding and commitment to union principles, equity and social justice issues.
A detailed job description is available at: psacunion.ca/jobs-psac.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.