The majority of PSAC members working for NAV CANADA have voted to accept a new collective agreement.
Members met in ratification meetings across the country December 3 – 19 to learn about the full details contained in the new contract and to vote on its acceptance.
The new deal contains stronger rights, better benefits and a solid economic increase for NAV CANADA employees. Some of the highlights include:
- An economic wage increase totaling 8% over 3 years;
- Improved acting pay, evening and weekend increases and new premium on short travel notice;
- Benefit improvements such as luggage reimbursement and remote location benefits;
- Hours of work improvements on rest periods and wash-up time;
- and improvements to sick leave, vacation leave requests, maternity and parental leave top-ups and leave for family related responsibilities
The new collective agreement will be in effect starting today, for 3 years, with an expiry date of December 31, 2020.
The PSAC / UCTE bargaining team thanks our members for their continued support throughout this bargaining process and is pleased to have negotiated NAV CANADA employees a fair collective agreement with no concessions.