Our EB bargaining team met face-to-face with the employer three times this week, with discussions centering on the following:
Our position is that we continue to seek either a renewal or improvements to the current sick leave regime.
General Economic Increases
All PSAC tables proposed a general economic increase of 3% per year this week. This is in addition to the allowances and market adjustments that our team has or will be making in subsequent bargaining sessions.
For the EB group, these may include but will not be restricted to:
- Market adjustments based on the 12-month teacher pay study
- Market adjustments based on pay gaps for specific employee sub groups
- Restructuring of pay grids and new increments
We discussed our proposed changes to the Workforce Adjustment Appendix. The employer's bargaining team had a significant number of questions about our proposals that we will respond to in our next meeting. We reiterated our position against the contracting out of work. Many unions have identified this issue as a major concern in this round of bargaining.
- Reviews of outstanding proposals from both parties
- Tabling counter proposals on Bereavement Leave and Volunteer Leave
- Signed off on grammatical changes and Court Leave
Stay informed and get involved
Our bargaining team will keep you informed throughout this process. In the coming weeks, we will advise you of the next round of bargaining dates.
To stay informed and get involved:
- Check our national website,
- Follow us on social media
- Talk to your colleagues about our work contract, benefits and protections.
- Participate in any upcoming information sessions in your region
Get involved in spreading the word so we can keep the pressure on the employer and fight back against their concessions!