Under the direction of the Supervisor the incumbent provides administrative support to the Supervisor and to the Membership Administration Section as a whole. Provides and maintains the coordination for all administrative aspects of the Membership Administration office while carrying out a wide variety of administrative, secretarial and membership related responsibilities.
- General administrative and secretarial knowledge and ability associated with successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent, normally acquired through several years of experience in providing secretarial and administrative services relevant to the duties of the position;
- Good knowledge of filing systems, both manual and computerized;
- Proficiency in spelling and in the application and usage of French and English grammar;
- Good knowledge of the organization, functions and policies of the PSAC;
- Ability to prepare draft letters and effectively type, transcribe and edit documents for the signature of the Supervisor;
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer in a Windows environment and, more specifically demonstrated ability to work with: Word (intermediate to advanced level); Excel or other spreadsheet software (intermediate level); Access or other database software (intermediate to advanced level); and, experience with an e-mail software;
- Ability to apply mathematical formulas into the calculation of union dues;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English or French or in both official languages (according to the position’s requirements);
- Ability to independently organize, plan and determine work priorities in order to meet strict deadlines, in an environment with multiple and competing priorities;
- High degree of initiative and good judgement;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others and good interpersonal skills;
- Understanding and commitment to trade union and equity principles.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.