Under the direction of the Coordinator provides and maintains the coordination for all administrative aspects of the Programs Section office while carrying out a wide variety of administrative, secretarial responsibilities to ensure the efficient operation of the Programs Section. The position also includes assigning work to other administrative staff and supervising those activities.
- General administrative secretarial and basic bookkeeping knowledge associated with successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent experience, normally acquired through several years in providing secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position.
- Good knowledge of the PSAC.
- Basic knowledge of trade union role, objectives and activities as well as a commitment to union and equity principles and some familiarity with government organizations, practices and procedures.
- Ability to effectively type, format documents for publications, transcribe from notes and perform other word-processing in both official languages.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and a high degree of work processing skills using MS Word, the proficiency in the use of a personal computer, including ability to use Windows, e-mail, and spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and data base software (ideally Access) and HTML.
- Proficiency in spelling and in the application and usage of grammar and good vocabulary in English and French.
- Written and oral communications skills are essential both in English and French.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to independently organize, plan and determine work priorities in order to meet strict deadlines in an environment with multiple and competing priorities.
- High degree of initiative, good judgment and sensitivity to equity principles and special needs.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or upon request.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.