The PSAC Scholarship Program offers the following 14 scholarships for dependent children of current PSAC members, who will be attending full-time studies at a recognized post-secondary institution in the fall of 2018:
- one $4,000 PSAC - AGR National Scholarship
- one $4,000 PSAC - Coughlin National Scholarship
- two $3,000 PSAC - AGR National Scholarships
- two $3,000 PSAC - Coughlin National Scholarships
- one $2,000 J.R. (Joe) Power National Scholarship
- seven $1,000 PSAC Regional Scholarships; – one for each of the seven regions (Atlantic, Quebec, National Capital Region, Ontario, Prairies, British Columbia, and the North)
The PSAC Scholarship Program also offers 5 scholarships to current PSAC members:
- three $2,000 National Member Scholarships – Full-Time Studies for PSAC members who will be registered in full-time studies at a recognized post-secondary institution the fall of 2018.
- two $1,000 National Members Scholarships – Part-Time Studies for PSAC members who will be registered in part-time studies at a recognized post-secondary institution in the fall of 2018.
PSAC members must be in good standing as of March 31st of the current year. Scholarships cannot be awarded unless members have paid their union dues.
The scholarships are not restricted to first-year students. No applicant will be awarded a scholarship more than once.
The scholarships are awarded based on the merit of the 800-word essay, YouTube video, infographic, song or other creative submission according to the topic determined for the given year.
The PSAC reserves the right to withhold the granting of an award if no applicant is deemed to possess the necessary requirements, or for other valid reasons. The PSAC Scholarship Committee may award a PSAC Regional Scholarship outside of a particular region if no applicants from that region are deemed to possess the necessary requirements or there were no completed applications received from that region.
All submissions become the property of the PSAC and winning submissions may be posted, in the language of their composition, on the PSAC website or in other PSAC communications materials along with the authors’ names and the scholarships they received.
PSAC 2018 Scholarship Question
Completed application form with all relevant information; and
An original 800-word essay on the topic chosen by the PSAC for the current year. Your essay submission must be in Word or PDF format. Please ensure your full name and page numbers are annotated on every page as a header and footer.
A YouTube video, an infographic, or an audio recording of a song on the topic chosen by the PSAC for the current year.
Entries will be judged on: depth of research, originality of expression and quality of argument. Any plagiarism from on-line or other sources is strongly discouraged and will likely lead to the disqualification of your submission.
All sections of the application must be completed. If you do not know your PSAC ID#, Component or Local #, please contact your Component National Office, PSAC Regional Office, or your Local steward/president.
All documents must be received or postmarked no later than
Friday, June 29th, 2018 at 11:55 pm ET.
Completed applications should be mailed to:
Public Service Alliance of Canada
Attn: Scholarship Committee
233 Gilmour Street, 9th floor
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 0P1
NOTE: Applications will not be accepted by e-mail or fax. Only direct on-line or hard copy mailed-in applications will be accepted.
Confirmation of receipt of application received by PSAC will be e-mailed to applicant. Please retain e-mail for future confirmation.
PSAC will inform the applicants who will be moving to the final stage of selection. At this time, proof of registration to the university/college and your Social Insurance Number will be requested.
Questions or Information?
Contact us at email@example.com or (613) 560-4347.