Federal public service workers show up every day to deliver crucial services that Canadians depend on—even when they stop getting paid. Over 200,000 workers and their families have suffered financial and emotional fallout from the Phoenix pay system disaster and for many, the problems continue.
PSAC has worked hard to end this nightmare, but there’s more to do, and we can’t keep making progress without your support. In the face of so many Phoenix problems that remain, we demand the government:
- Provide damages to all public service workers for the great financial and emotional hardship they have endured because of Phoenix.
- Provide the additional staffing and training needed to:
- assist members at the Client Contact Centre and the Public Service Pay Centre;
- reduce Phoenix cases by ensuring HR data is entered on time;
- and eliminate the backlog of Phoenix cases, including implementing collective agreements and delivering retroactive pay.
- Provide a clear and accountable timeline to stabilize Phoenix, eliminate the backlog, and transition to a new pay system.
Send a letter to your Member of Parliament—and tell them we STILL need urgent action on Phoenix.