Thanks for your interest in joining the PSAC! Here is a step by step process for becoming part of our union.
- Contact us. We’ll discuss starting a union at your workplace and the improvements having a union can bring to your workplace.
- Once all your questions are answered and you’ve decided to pursue joining the PSAC, you will work with a PSAC Organizer to develop a plan - including getting others involved and having them sign union membership cards.
- Once a majority of your co-workers have signed membership cards, PSAC will ask the appropriate labour board - federal or provincial - for right to represent you - to be the bargaining agent for you and your coworkers.
- Once certified, we will work with you to set up a local. This means adopting bylaws that explain how decisions are made and choosing a team who will negotiate a collective agreement with your employer. Then we will start bargaining a first agreement.
- For the first time you will have a role to play in determining your pay, benefits and working conditions.
Interested? Contact our organizing department.
September 3, 2013