Under the general supervision of the Director, Communications, Political Action and Campaigns, the Digital Media Officer is responsible for the development and the implementation of digital strategies to support PSAC’s communications, outreach and mobilization goals, directed at both its membership and the general public.
Vaccination Policy: Please note that the PSAC’s vaccination policies require guests accessing a PSAC Office, including candidates in a staffing competition attending an interview or test in-person, as well as employees in general to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated for reasons related to a ground protected by human rights legislation, including medical exemptions, may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement. For questions or more information about the PSAC’s vaccination policies, please contact email@example.com. Please note that when attending a PSAC Office for the purposes of an interview or test, candidates will also be required to complete a health screening.
- This position requires a post secondary diploma in communications or a related field. Experience: • OR a minimum of five years related experience. Prior experience working with a labour or political organization will be considered;
- Proven track record of implementing digital campaigns, using social media, mass email platforms such as Mailchimp, and measuring ROI using various metrics and analytics.
- A very good knowledge of digital media platforms and digital advertising including software associated with deploying them;
- Knowledge of search engine optimization, user experience (UX) best practices, and website content strategy;
- Basic graphic design, frontend web management and video production skills are an asset;
- Knowledge of issues affecting the union movement and PSAC members;
- Knowledge of government decision making and of the Canadian political system. Abilities:
- Strong writing skills and excellent ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to develop, implement and test digital strategies;
- Ability to conceptualize and support the design of a variety of materials specifically for digital channels;
- Ability to develop content strategy and provide advice on website information architecture to improve website user experience;
- Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indication above.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both orally and in writing in French and English. Personal Suitabilities:
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- A desire to remain current on emerging information technology trends;
- Commitment to union principles, social justice and the tangible advancement of those ideals.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.