As part of the Regional Office Team, the Administrative Assistant provides comprehensive administrative services that enable the Regional Office to fulfill its role in a timely and credible manner. Under the direction of the Regional Coordinator maintains the administrative aspects of the Regional Office, while carrying out the wide variety of administrative, secretarial and clerical responsibilities to ensure efficient operation of the Regional Office.
• Successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, plus experience providing administrative support and/or secretarial duties in a union, legal, regulatory or similar environment; OR
• An equivalent level of experience and education normally acquired through several years of experience in providing administrative or secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position.
• Familiarity with spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and database software (ideally Access);
• Knowledge of trade union role, objectives and activities, as well as an understanding of and commitment to union principles;
• Good knowledge of the organization, functions and policies of the Public Service Alliance of Canada, in particular the collective bargaining process;
• Some familiarity with the government, its practices and procedures;
• Knowledge of basic financial procedures.
• Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above;
• Ability in the use of a personal computer, including the ability to use Windows, e mail and the Internet;
• Ability to effectively type, transcribe and perform other word processing functions using Microsoft Word;
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in a team environment;
• Ability to work under strict deadlines;
• Ability to determine priorities and problem solve with minimum supervision.
• High degree of initiative;
• Good judgment;
• Good organizational skills.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.