The National Health and Safety Program is coordinated through the Programs Section located at PSAC Headquarters in Ottawa. The Section works to raise the profile of health and safety workplace issues.
The National Office works with elected officers, PSAC and Component staff to develop solutions by:
- Providing advice, information and technical support;
- Developing training materials;
- Developing materials and tools for use by local health and safety activists;
- Participating in the drafting of national legislation and regulations on health, safety, worker’s compensation and the environment;
- Presenting union positions to NJC committees; and
- Participating in the drafting or review of service-wide employer policies when requested among others.
Contact the PSAC National Health and Safety Officers:
Denis St-Jean and Andrea Peart
233 Gilmour Street, Suite 901
Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 0P1
Telephone: (613) 560-4200
Toll Free: 1 888 604 PSAC (7722)