Under the direction of the Programs Coordinator and as part of a team that includes other programs, is responsible for the development and maintenance of the PSAC Women’s and Human Rights Programs for the membership which has the ultimate goal of integrating Women’s and Human Rights issues into all areas of the union work and provide the PSAC with expertise in Women’s and Human Rights matters.
- Good up-to-date knowledge of women’s and Human Rights issues and related legislation and jurisprudence (federal and other jurisdictions);
- Good knowledge of issues related to employment equity and equity including disability; First Nations, and other Aboriginal peoples; the diverse racially visible communities; gay/lesbian/bisexual and transgender persons, including how these issues relate to each gender within the specific communities;
- Good knowledge of PSAC programs and policies, the labour movement, adult education techniques;
- Knowledge of budget preparation and monitoring.
- Ability to manage the program, organize conferences / events / campaigns;
- Ability to communicate with female and equity members and inspire others to achieve collective goals;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people, inside and outside of the union involving complex, detailed and sensitive issues;
Ability to motivate members, provide direction, guidance; delegating/allocating tasks, and organizing/coordinating others and to act as mentor in various ways (technical/professional) and coordinating the work of a group of members and staff.
- High degree of interpersonal skills, tact, sound judgment to deal with a variety of complicated issues and problems;
- Good judgment in organizing the National Conferences to ensure a wide diversity of members are provided with the opportunity to discuss issues in a union content.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.