In a work force adjustment situation, it’s important to be proactive and investigate other potential employment opportunities within the federal public service.
Once it’s clear that a work force adjustment is inevitable, employees are obliged to:
- Actively seek alternate employment in cooperation with their department and the Public Service Commission.
- Actively seek out information about their entitlements.
- Submit any documents (like resumes) or additional information that could help the employer to find them new work.
- Ensure that they can be contacted easily.
- Seriously consider training and job opportunities.
- Be aware of timelines and proactively consider options when they are required to make decisions.