Under the general supervision of the IT/IM Network Operations Supervisor and as a member of the Information Technology / Information Management Section, the User Support Analyst provides telephone, remote or onsite desktop hardware, software and application support to the organization’s computer user community supported by the IT/IM Section.
As a result of the PSAC Workforce and Availability Analysis and in accordance with the PSAC Employment Equity Plan, the successful candidate for this appointment will be a qualified woman.
- Combination of education and experience in the field of computer technology. Minimum three years working experience in a computer help desk or support environment supporting desktops and notebook computers in a networked environment. Preference given to Microsoft network experience including over the cloud.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification would be a definite asset.
- A+ certification would be an asset.
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) or Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS) certification would be a definite asset.
- Working experience using recent versions of Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Office 2016 and Microsoft Outlook 2016 is required.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, network printing, network client configurations and access security is required.
- Working knowledge and experience with PC hardware and software technology.
- Ability to understand and respond strategically and tactically to operational issues with innovative solutions.
- Ability to analyze, assess and make recommendations on various informatics related proposals.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally in English and French.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in a team.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and remain effective during pressure situations.
- Positive attitude and a commitment to customer / client satisfaction.
- Commitment to continuous quality / process improvement.
- Excellent judgment and demonstrated problem-solving, consultative and persuasive skills.
- Understanding, commitment to trade union and equity principles.
Note: Subject to operational requirements, the incumbent may be required to work late hours shift to provide support during business core hours of operations of all PSAC Regional Offices across Canada.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.