Working from the Moncton Regional Office as part of the PSAC Language Services team located in Ottawa, the incumbent is mainly responsible for translating material for the Atlantic Region. We are seeking an experienced translator able to work with minimum supervision. The successful candidate must be familiar with regional terminology and writing style.
To translate a variety of documents from English to French mainly, but also from French to English.
Education and experience:
- B.A. in translation and five years translation experience or equivalent studies and experience.
- Basic knowledge of trade union roles, objectives and activities;
- Some familiarity with labour relations terminology.
- Proficiency in French and English spelling and grammar;
- Ability to communicate orally in French and English;
- Ability to resolve problems encountered during research, translation and revision.
- Ability to use translation tools and standard office software;
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Understanding and commitment to trade union and equity principles.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.