Under the general supervision of the Manager, Information Technology and Information Management, the Systems and Network Support Analyst is responsible for the installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of enterprise wide network systems hardware, operating systems, related network infrastructure, related applications and services. The Systems and Network Support Analyst also has responsibility for network disaster / recovery and backup / restore services, anti-virus and security services.
The Systems and Network Support Analyst, as part of the routine network administration activities, performs network system backups, network integrity and performance checks, monitors network activity for defects, abuse or misuse and implements software upgrades and fixes as required. The incumbent will research and test new and upcoming networking technologies as required and provide guidance, support and/or technical assistance to other IT staff and the network user community as required.
- Minimum four years extensive working experience administering and supporting Microsoft Windows servers and directory services in a large enterprise network environment;
- Demonstrated working experience managing and supporting Office 365;
- Demonstrated working experience managing and supporting VMware virtual environments.
- Demonstrated experience working with networking equipment (hubs, switches, routers, cabling, print servers, etc.) and network management tools is required;
- Working experience in administering VoIP within Skype for business;
- Working experience in network analysis, problem troubleshooting and resolution is required;
- Working experience in managing systems and services in Microsoft Azure;
- Working experience setting up and administering VLANs and VPNs is a definite asset;
- Working experience administering backup and restore processes using Symantec Backup Exec would be a definite asset;
- Working experience managing virus protection at the enterprise level using Symantec Anti-virus software would be a definite asset.
- Windows Network administration or engineering knowledge is required and must be proven by way of certification or adequate proof of testing;
- Working knowledge of NAS and SANs is required;
- Working knowledge of NetApp SAN would be a definite asset;
- Working knowledge of network protocols and connectivity technologies is required;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint would be a definite asset;
- ITIL Awareness is an asset, in particular change and incident management processes;
- Strong knowledge and experience with PC and Server hardware configurations and SCSI and RAID technologies would be asset;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office is required.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.