Sick leave for all
Everything you need to know about sick leave
This fall, the government tabled a "go-to-work-sick" proposal that would gut sick leave. This was our response. Instead of weakening sick leave provisions for those who deliver important services to Canadians, the government should take action to ensure sick leave for all.
When it comes to sick leave, make sure you have the facts.
- Sick leave in the public sector: A reality check.
- Myth-busting common misconceptions around sick leave.
- It costs almost nothing extra to pay sick leave to federal civil servants, according to a report by the Parliamentary Budget Officer (PBO).
- The PBO report reveals gaps in the information that Treasury Board collects about sick leave.
- Statistics Canada confirms there is a gap in the analysis of private sector vs. public sector sick days.
- Federal public service unions take further steps to protect bargaining, sick leave September 16, 2015
- PSAC continues the fight for fair and free collective bargaining September 10, 2015
- Court dates scheduled for sick leave injunction August 20, 2015