As part of the Regional Office administrative team provides administrative and secretarial support to the Regional
Office and participates in the provision of comprehensive administrative services that enables the regional office to
fulfill its role in a timely and credible manner. Under the direction of the Regional Coordinator, assists in the
maintenance of the administrative aspects of the regional offices while carrying out a wide variety of administrative, secretarial and clerical responsibilities to ensure the efficient operation of the regional office.
Knowledge and experience:
• General administrative and secretarial knowledge and ability associated with successful completion of
business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent normally provided through several years of experience in
providing secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position;
• Proficiency in the use of a personal computer, including ability to use Windows, e-mail, and internet;
• Proficiency in spelling, vocabulary and in the application and usage of English grammar;
• Familiarity with spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and database software (ideally Access);
• Good knowledge of the organization, functions, and policies of the PSAC;
• Basic knowledge of trade union role, objectives and activities.
• Ability to effectively type, transcribe and perform other word processing functions using Microsoft Word;
• Written and oral English communication skills are essential;
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in a team environment;
• Ability to determine priorities with minimum supervision and ability to problem-solving;
• Ability to work under strict deadlines.
• High degree of initiative;
• Good judgment and tact;
• Understanding of and commitment to union principles.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.