- Global linguistic level: Second language CEFR level: C1
- Employment Equity Designation:In accordance with the PSAC Employment Equity Plan, preference for this position will be given to a qualified Indigenous person.
As part of the Regional Office administrative team provides administrative and secretarial support to the Regional Office and participates in the provision of comprehensive administrative services that enables the regional office to fulfill its role in a timely and credible manner. Under the direction of the Regional Coordinator, assists in the maintenance of the administrative aspects of the regional offices while carrying out a wide variety of administrative, secretarial and clerical responsibilities to ensure the efficient operation of the regional office.
- general administrative and secretarial knowledge and ability associated with successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent normally provided through several years of experience in providing secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position.
- ability to effectively type, transcribe and perform other word processing functions using Microsoft Word;
- proficiency in the use of a personal computer, including ability to use Windows, e-mail, and internet;
- familiarity with spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and database software (ideally Access);
- good knowledge of the organization, functions, and policies of the PSAC;
- proficiency in spelling, vocabulary and in the application and usage of English (and French in designated bilingual positions) grammar;
- basic knowledge of trade union role, objectives and activities as well as an understanding of and commitment to union principles.
- Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above.
- ability to determine priorities with minimum supervision and ability to problem-solving;
- ability to work under strict deadlines;
- ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- high degree of initiative, good judgment and tact;
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.