- The results of this competition may be used to staff future temporary administrative employment opportunities
- Position linguistic designation: Bilingual (English and French)
- Position global linguistic level: Second language CEFR level: C1
Purpose of Position
Under the direction of the Coordinator of the Representation Section, this position provides secretarial and administrative support to the national and/or regionalized Grievance and Adjudication Officers, and/or Alternative Dispute Resolution Officers, and/or Classification Officers and/or Analysts (referred to as “Representation Officers”).
Education and experience:
- The candidate for the position requires general administrative and secretarial knowledge and ability associated with successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent, normally acquired through several years of experience in providing secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position.
- Basic knowledge of trade union roles, objectives and activities.
- Ability to effectively type, transcribe and perform other work processing functions using Microsoft Word;
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer, including to use Windows, e-mail, spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and database software (ideally Access);
- Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above;
- Ability to independently organize, plan and determine work priorities in order to meet strict deadlines, in an environment with multiple and competing priorities;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others.
- High degree of initiative and good judgment;
- Understanding and commitment to trade union and equity principles.
A detailed job description is available at: psacunion.ca/jobs-psac.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.