- Position linguistic designation: Bilingual (English and French)
- Position global linguistic level: Second language CEFR level: B2
The Regional Political Communications Officer provides political and communications advice, assistance and support to the Regional Executive Vice‑President (REVP) in his or her role as the political voice for the PSAC in his or her region and in his or her role as a member of the National Board of Directors (NBoD) and the Alliance Executive Committee ( AEC ).
- Postsecondary diploma in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field OR a combination of education, training and experience with a minimum of three years related experience;
- Prior experience working with a labour or political organization will be considered.
- Knowledge of the political and operational structure of the PSAC;
- Knowledge of union and social issues;
- Knowledge of issues affecting the union movement and PSAC members;
- Knowledge of government decision making and of the Canadian political system;
- Knowledge of media relations including the ability to establish a working relationship with and influence members of the media.
- Ability to assess and analyze in order to develop appropriate communication strategies;
- Ability to conceptualize and design variety of communication materials;
- Ability to strategize in order to mobilize members into action;
- Ability to plan and organize in order to meet deadlines;
- Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above;
- Ability to edit for style and length, and proofread English and French documents.
- High degree of initiative, tact and good judgment;
- Commitment to union principles and social justice.
A detailed job description is available at: psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.