- Interested qualified applicants must complete the self-Identification form available on our website when applying.
- The selected candidate will be entitled to a car allowance.
Purpose of Position
Under the general supervision of the Regional Coordinator, and as part of regional and national teams that include other regional office and headquarters staff, the Organizer builds the Union by initiating, coordinating and implementing organizing campaigns for the purpose of recruiting new members into the PSAC.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience successfully organizing new bargaining units.
- Extensive knowledge and experience or computer-based technology, including office software, internet and e-mail environments;
- Excellent knowledge of worker rights and labour legislation.
- Ability to work as part of member-driven organizing team;
- Ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve collective goals;
- Ability to analyze, recognize mistakes and recommend improvements;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English;
- Able to develop contacts and leads which will result in organizing campaigns.
- Well developed interpersonal skills;
- Sound judgment;
- Innovative, flexible and open-minded;
- Highly motivated;
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of union and equity principles.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.