Under the direction of the Director, Regional Offices Branch (ROB), the Regional Coordinator manages programs and staff in their assigned region; coordinates and supervises staff and, in consultation with the Regional Executive Vice-President (REVP), ensures the timely and effective delivery of PSAC programs and services in the regions. As a member of the Management Team, participates in policy setting and strategic planning at both the regional and national level.
Experience and Education:
- Combination of education and experience in the field of labour relations, knowledge of union practices and programs.
- Thorough knowledge of the PSAC policies, constitution and objectives of its programs.
- Demonstrated management skills;
- Ability to prepare and monitor budgets;
- Ability to successfully deal with change and to effectively manage organizational, operational and people issues;
- Ability to contribute to planning and priority setting;
- Ability to understand and respond strategically to operational issues with innovative solutions and develop and monitor long and short-term goals;
- Ability to establish trust and co-operation amongst all employees and promote enthusiasm and commitment;
- Well-developed time management skills to deal effectively with conflicting priorities and time sensitive issues while remaining focused in the face of multiple distractions;
- Well-developed communication, negotiating and conflict resolution skills;
- Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above.
- Ability to facilitate group discussion and decision-making.
- Understanding and commitment to union and equity principles;
- Self-confidence, action-oriented, tenacity, good judgment and diplomacy;
- Political acuity and respect for workers;
- Availability to travel and work on evening and on week-end.
A detailed job description is available at: psacunion.ca/jobs-psac
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.