Treasury Board has recently put in place temporary changes to the enrollment in the public service benefit plans. The changes are to address problems that arose as a result of the Phoenix pay system.
TBS recently posted a notice on their website with details of the changes and how to follow up:
- For departments serviced by the Pay Centre
- For departments and organizations paid by Phoenix but not serviced by the Pay Centre
Summary of changes
- The changes affect public service employees who are paid by the Phoenix pay system
- They are retroactive to September 1, 2015
- They will be in effect until September 30, 2017
- Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP): all waiting periods are waived, coverage can be retroactive
- Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP): members on leave without pay (LWOP) may make any changes to coverage while on leave
- Public Service Dental Care Plan (PSDCP): members on LWOP who lost coverage on or after September 1, 2015 can have coverage reinstated without first returning to work
Please visit the government website for more details and instructions on how to ensure you are covered.
PSAC has been raising concerns about the impact of the Phoenix pay system since it was launched. We will continue to fight for your rights and push for action to #fixphoenix so you receive the pay and benefits you are owed.
For more information about Phoenix, visit psacunion.ca/fix-phoenix.