The Political Advisor assists the Regional Executive Vice-President (REVP) with recommendations and strategic advices on a range of regional political issues.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Position requires a postsecondary diploma in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field OR a combination of education, training and experience with a minimum of three years related experience. Prior experience working with a labour or political organization will be considered;
- Significant experience in the labour and/or social justice movement.
- Knowledge of media relations including the ability to establish a working relationship with and influence members of the media;
- Knowledge of government decision making and of the Canadian political system;
- Knowledge of the political and operational structure of the PSAC at the national and regional levels.
- Familiar with basic computer technology.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English or French or in both official languages (according to the position’s requirements.
- Ability to assess and analyze in order to develop appropriate communication strategies.
- Ability to conceptualize and design variety of communication materials
- Ability to strategize in order to mobilize members into action.
- Good judgment, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, teamwork and leadership are required under circumstances that are often stressful and politically sensitive.
- Demonstrate commitment to union principles and social justice.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.