PSAC Executive Vice-President Chris Aylward sent a letter to the Minister of Public Services and Procurement Judy Foote requesting immediate action to fix the Phoenix pay system.
Our letter stated that the Liberal government has a clear and pressing obligation to fix these problems without further delay.
This morning, Minister Foote announced that she will implement one of our key recommendations and will hire additional compensation advisors. We have been advocating for this since 2011. We welcome the Minister’s recognition of the scope of this problem and her commitment to a solution.
Now we are calling on PSAC members and all public service workers to also send a letter to Minister Foote urgently calling for the Phoenix pay system to be fixed immediately.
In this letter, public service workers will also have the opportunity to share their personal stories on the serious issues they have faced with the pay system.
Send letter to Minister Foote
Issues with Phoenix pay system
- New moms not receiving top-ups they are entitled to
- Students not getting paid
- Employees on disability not receiving insurance payments they are entitled to
- Some employees being deleted from the system and not paid at all
- Missing or short payments are impacting employees’ credit ratings because they cannot pay their bills on time
Have your say: tell the Minister to fix Phoenix pay system immediately
Now is the time to ask Minister Judy Foote to fix the Phoenix pay system and tell your story.