Under the direction of the Programs Coordinator and as part of a team that includes other programs, is responsible for the development and maintenance of the PSAC Pensions and Disability Insurance Program.
Education and Experience:
- The position requires demonstrated working experience with pension and employee disability insurance plans and legislation.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of pension and disability insurance policies procedures and practices focusing efforts on achieving excellent work outcomes consistent with the organizational priorities and vision;
- The position requires a very good knowledge of the organizational structure and management processes of the PSAC and its Components;
- The position requires good computer skills and demonstrated knowledge of system applications.
- The position requires demonstrated problem solving, consultative, persuasive, conflict resolution skills and excellent judgment to provide sound direction and advice on pensions and disability issues to all levels of management and staff;
- The position requires demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to be an effective team member to create an environment that nurtures the principles and values of the Alliance;
- The position requires strong oral and written communication skills in English and French;
- The position requires the ability to interpret and apply policies, regulations, and collective agreements;
- The position requires the ability to work with confidential information.
A detailed job description is available at: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.