Under the direction of the Supervisor – Payroll and Benefits, the position is responsible for providing complex compensation services including pay and benefits for unionized and non unionized PSAC staff and its Components, PSAC Holdings Ltd. and Leave Without Pay (LWOP) members.
Education and Experience:
- Education, training and/or equivalent of five years experience processing pay and benefits for a mid-size organization of unionized employees.
- Education, training experience and/or equivalent experience in staffing, leave, pension and benefit administration
- Demonstrated experience in data bases, word processing, spread sheet, software programs and approaches to recording and reporting information with accuracy.
- General knowledge of the PSAC and its role in the labour community.
- Demonstrated ability working with computerized HR integrated systems, payroll, human resources, leave, pension and benefit systems and implementing efficient processes.
- Ability to understand and apply policies, legislation, regulations, and collective agreements.
- Excellent consultative, analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to resolve problems independently and initiative to set and complete work priorities within scheduled deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to contribute effectively in a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and in French.
- Strong organizational skills to work efficiently with high volumes of detail and competing priorities.
- Good judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential information in a diplomatic, professional and tactful manner.
- Understanding and commitment to union principles, equity and social justice issues.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.