PSAC’s Parks bargaining team will resume negotiations with the Parks Canada Agency from July 16 - 18 in the national capital region. Our team is eager to make further progress towards a fair collective agreement for over 4,000 employees working at Parks Canada locations nationwide.
Last time at the table:
Last month, PSAC’s bargaining team continued to push for demands that would establish parity with the core public administration and discussed important issues such as mental health in the workplace and improvements to maternity / parental leave. They also:
- tabled language that would improve Park Wardens’ terms and conditions of employment,
- proposed the creation of a joint committee on child care, and
- made a presentation to the employer on the benefits of joining the National Joint Council (NJC).
Be informed and get involved:
- Sign up for bargaining updates.
- Make sure your membership information is up to date.
- Check out the Parks Canada bargaining team page on our national website.
- Show support for your bargaining team on Facebook and Twitter.
- Talk to your colleagues about your work contract, benefits, and protections.
- Participate in any upcoming information sessions in your region.
Stay informed and spread the word!