Under the supervision of the Membership Administration Supervisor, the Membership Cards Clerk is responsible for the monitoring and efficient processing of application for membership requests, in order to expeditiously issue cards to the members, and to maintain the membership database as accurate as possible.
- The position requires excellent clerical skills to gather, verify, process and file members’ application cards and produce reports. The position requires general secretarial skills including writing a variety of short letters, memos, emails to members and Components.
- The position requires good computer skills, demonstrated knowledge of system applications and excellent data entry skills and accuracy.
- Knowledge of the PSAC structure and of the bargaining units represented by the PSAC.
- Understanding and commitment to trade union and social issues
- Ability to independently organize, plan and determine work priorities in order to meet strict deadlines, in an environment with multiple and competing priorities.
- Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others, good interpersonal skills.
- High degree of initiative and good judgement.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.