Under the general supervision of the Manager, the Officer will lead projects related to the management of information related to members, including improvement to the Membership and dues modules of the PSAC central database and other areas of work.
The Officer will provide subject matter expertise to specific parts of the organization to improve their electronic tracking of information and to assist with the integration of workflows and systems to improve information management practices across the organization.
The Officer will provide training, guidance and assistance to a diverse range of end-users in areas related to the Membership and Dues other Modules’ functionalities, including the establishment of data quality verification tools and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration or a A minimum of three (3) years’ work experience analyzing data in finance or accounting systems;
- Demonstrated work experience in project management and requirements and business analysis;
- Demonstrated working experience with UnionWare or another complex relational database.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the structure, programs and work processes in the area of financial data;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of a variety of systems, other programs and work processes involving the management of financial and personal members information.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate organizational resources towards a technical project involving organizational change;
- Proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems and workflow related issues;
- Demonstrated ability to provide comprehensive and technically sound advice to stakeholders, end users, and technical support staff in specific technical and business process areas;
- Demonstrated ability in working with system and end-user documentation including requirements definitions, flow charts, data flow diagrams and training documents is required;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver comprehensive training sessions to a diverse user community;
- Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above.
- Commitment to continuous quality / process improvement;
- Knowledge and commitment of trade union and equity principles, and understanding of the sensitive political and social issues
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.