Under the direction of the Director, HRIMB and the guidance of the Senior Human Resources Advisors – Labour Relations (LR Advisors), this position provides comprehensive and wide-ranging administrative services to support the LR Advisors in the administration, management, preparation and representation of labour relations cases in various areas. The position also provides general administrative support in the human resources section as required.
Education and Experience:
- The position requires legal administrative and secretarial knowledge and ability associated with successful completion of business and/or legal secretarial training, or equivalent, normally acquired through several years of experience in providing secretarial and administrative services relevant to the duties of the position.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer, demonstrated experience and ability to work with word processing, databases and spreadsheet software at an intermediate to advance level and experience with an e‑mail software;
- Strong knowledge of filing systems, both manual and computerized;
- General knowledge of the PSAC and its role in the labour community.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure is required to deescalate potential confrontational situations;
- Ability and willingness to contribute effectively in a team environment and to work cooperatively with others;
- Ability to prepare draft letters and effectively type, transcribe and edit documents.
- Demonstrated ability working with human resources information systems;
- Ability to apply various policies and collective agreements pertaining to the position’s responsibilities in the course of his/her duties;
- Strong English and French written and oral communication skills are essential;
- Ability to independently organize, plan and determine work priorities in order to meet strict deadlines, in an environment with multiple and competing priorities.
- Personal suitabilities:
- High level of initiative and good judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential information in a diplomatic, professional and tactful manner;
- Understanding and commitment to union principles, equity and social justice issues.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.