$97,763 to $110,035 plus $1,486.43 bilingual allowance
Tue, 10 Aug 2021 15:30 EDT
Employees of PSAC, Components, and PSAC Holdings Ltd
Members giving PSAC membership number
Human Resources &Organizational Development
Purpose of position:
Under the general supervision of the Information Technology Coordinator and as a member of the Information Technology (IT) Section, the IT Project Management Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of IT related projects and coordinating the project-related activities of a diverse implementation team consisting of external consultants, technical staff and end-users.
The IT Project Management Officer evaluates the business and information needs of the organization in order to develop recommendations and manage the implementation of solutions to business and related technology problems.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a relevant discipline or a combination of education and experience in project management and structured systems analysis techniques and systems development life cycle methodologies.
• A minimum three (3) years demonstrated working experience in structured systems analysis and design, and project management. Project Management certification would be an asset.
• Knowledge and commitment of trade union and equity principles, and understanding of the sensitive political and social issues;
• Proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
• Proven ability to analyze and understand the functionality of existing database applications is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to provide comprehensive and technically sound advice to management, computer users and technical support staff in specific technical and business process areas.
• Proven ability in developing action plans and making presentations of plans and reports to management is essential.
• Demonstrated ability in creating system and end-user documentation including requirements definitions, flow charts, Gantt charts, data flow diagrams and training documents is required.
• Ability to install, evaluate and implement into production various vendors supplied packages is required.
• Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above.
• Commitment to continuous quality / process improvement;
• Ability to demonstrate good client service through commitment to customer service;
• Ability to remain current on emerging information technology trends by participating in seminars, courses, industry presentations.
• Subject to operational requirements, this position may be required to work regular late hour shifts that end between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.