Under the Supervision of the Assistant to the National President, the incumbent provides administrative support to the Executive Office and maintains its information management system.
- Filing system development and maintenance skills;
- Strong knowledge of general and electronic filing principles and practices, as well as word processing;
- Proficiency in the application and the usage of the English and French spelling and grammar.
- General administrative and secretarial skills;
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of computer software such as, the Microsoft Office Suite as well as of e-mail and internet;
- Good knowledge of the organization, functions and policies of the PSAC;
- Knowledge of the role, objectives and activities of trade unions, and some familiarity with government organizations, practices and procedures.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English or French or in both official languages (according to the position’s requirements);
- Ability to independently organize, plan and determine work priorities in order to meet strict deadlines in an environment with multiple, changing and competing priorities.
- High degree of initiative and good judgment;
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with others as part of a team;
- Commitment to union, social justice and equity principles.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.