In accordance with the PSAC Employment Equity Plan, preference for this position will be given to a qualified person from one or more equity group(s) including: women, racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, or GLBT.
Purpose of the position
Under the Supervision of the Assistant to the National President, the incumbent provides administrative support to the Executive Office and maintains its information management system.
- Filing system development and maintenance skills;
- Strong knowledge of general and electronic filing principles and practices, as well as word processing;
- Proficiency in the application and the usage of the English and French spelling and grammar.
- General administrative and secretarial skills;
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of computer software such as, the Microsoft Office Suite as well as of e-mail and internet;
- Good knowledge of the organization, functions and policies of the PSAC;
- Knowledge of the role, objectives and activities of trade unions, and some familiarity with government organizations, practices and procedures.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English or French or in both official languages (according to the position’s requirements);
- Ability to independently organize, plan and determine work priorities in order to meet strict deadlines in an environment with multiple, changing and competing priorities.
- High degree of initiative and good judgment;
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with others as part of a team;
- Commitment to union, social justice and equity principles.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.