Under the direction of the Senior HR Advisor and the Director, HRIMB, the position assists in the development of strategic human resources programs and offers operational human resources advisory services to management, elected officers, staff and employees of the PSAC and its Components across a broad spectrum of HR disciplines including recruitment, staffing, employment equity, learning and development, pay equity, job evaluation & classification, health and safety, and human resources policies and planning.
Education and Experience:
- University degree in Industrial Relations and/or knowledge and several years of experience in the human resources technical functions in a unionized environment including position administration, recruitment, staffing, employment equity, learning and development, pay equity, job evaluation& classification, health and safety and organizational design as well as a very good knowledge of the organizational structure and management processes of the PSAC and its Components;
- Demonstrated experience with employment equity practices, plans and legislation and ability to incorporate equity and diversity into HR and organizational processes;
- Knowledge and commitment of trade union and equity principles;
- Demonstrated knowledge of system applications and implementation.
- Strong analytical skills to classify positions and job analysis and ability to interpret, apply and develop processes to ensure collective agreement exigencies, relevant employment legislation, regulations, standards, directives and guidelines are met;
- Demonstrated problem solving, consultative, persuasive, conflict resolution skills and excellent judgment to provide sound direction and advice on a variety of human resources issues to all levels of management and staff;
- Ability to deal effectively with confrontations, build credibility and trust between parties and support/promote union-management partnerships;
- Strong ability to communicate orally and in writing in English and French with workers in a variety of occupations and backgrounds;
- Excellent project management and team building skills;
- Strong computer skills.
- An understanding of the sensitive political and social issues between a union employer and its internal bargaining agents;
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.